Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Jeff Easley Tribute

16" x 20" oil and acrylic on board
Jon Schindehette a while back had sent out a call to artists to help celebrate a tribute to a father of modern fantasy illustration:
I was never able to help Jeff get permission to create his art book when I was at Wizards of the Coast, and I would like to find a way to celebrate what he has contributed to our industry. I could only think of one way I could do that - through ArtOrder. Join me in paying homage to a man that directly influenced the fantasy illustration and gaming genre. Create an image that celebrates the man and his art.
My main influence from his work is how he can paint in one hue, but give it so much life, depth, and diversity. This piece was painted with just titanium white, mars black, and alizarin crimson.

Happy birthday, Jeff!

No comments: