Sunday, February 08, 2009

NYCC 2009!

So yesterday I hit up NY Comic Con '09. Left at 7 in the morning, got back this morning at 1:30, still tired, yawning, wishing I were still in bed...
This was my first Comic Con, and it was as big, if not bigger than how people describe the convention. Fucking huge is an understatement. I primarily kept to the Artists' Alley, but there were really only a handful of people I talked to, considering 90% of the artists were strict, hardcore comic book illustrators who eat and breathe superheroes.
Amongst the small handful of people I engaged contact with was Marko Djurdjevic, whose handshake is as hardcore as his mohawk :D I also talked to Steven Belledin for what I think was a half hour about most everything that has to do with fantasy illustration and if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's an elf; always an elf.
Like Eric Fortune poked at me to get myself some business cards (which I did!), I think Steve will be the one to influence a consistent art blog from me. Cheers to that!

As much as I would love to sit here and vegetate, I have some assignments to work on... I should finish one of them tonight at least, and I'll make a post then.

No comments: