Monday, June 11, 2012

IMC Day 2


Today seemed like such a slow progress day, but I got quite a bit done, now that I'm looking at what I have. Bright and early this morning I mounted my drawing at 8:30 or so. Off and on waiting for it to dry, sanding, putting another layer of matte medium on it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

While I waited in between drying and lectures I worked on a color study, and then felt satisfied enough to start the under-painting. I hadn't originally intended to begin with a brown under-painting for the background--for in the color study I jumped in directly with the blues/greens--however I would love to add some brown undertones and blah blah blah... But, I feel I'm at a safe point to stop for the night and come back in the morning with fresh eyes. Until then...

No comments: